Friday, December 3, 2010

A case of the Casey fever

Casey Donovan - what a doll. Perhaps it's my sense of pride, but I always get my back up a little when I'm sent to cover the celebrity yarn.
Aloof air in place, I was ready to show this 20-something diva that not all us mere mortals get stars in our eyes in the presence of fame.
Half an hour later I walked out of the Canberra Theatre Centre feeling like I'd met a kindred spirit.
Eloquent, media-savvy and just plain lovely is Casey Donovan. I kept having to remind myself all through the interview just how young she was, and again that night when she treated a VIP crowd to a rendition of Heard It through the Grapevine. I'm not sure how someone with such a set of pipes can be so down to earth, but I hope the lesson sticks after this particular brush with fame.
See the full article in In the City summer 2010/11.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Yes - hope the world soon knows about this wonderful young woman with a set of pipes from "the Gods"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful pic of an immensely talented woman who had to get 'media savvy' pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome talented and very down to earth person who doesnt think she is anybetter than anyone else and will talk to who ever approches her she is sooo talented tooo I LOVE YOU CASEY DONOVAN

    ReplyDelete