Friday, February 11, 2011

The 40 minute challenge at Kingsleys

By Rahima Saikal

I don’t know about you, but lunchtime on a working day is always a conundrum for me. I only have an hour, so do I eat something bleak from the industrial suburb I work in, or do I venture out to the city, take 15 minutes getting there, 10 minutes to find a car park, 10 minutes to reach the eating destination and then another 40 minutes eating a meal?
This year my new year’s resolution was to make sure I took a proper break and ventured into the city more, but not four weeks back into the swing of things and I more often than not find myself opting for the quicker, easier option of staying close by.
That’s why I was excited to test out Kingsley’s 40-minute express menu...



From the time you sit down, your two-course-plus-drink meal should arrive within 40 minutes. Running since the beginning of January, it’s ideal for those who have to get in, eat and get out within the hour. At $18.90, it’s generous, too.

For those of you who know it, Kingsley’s is a classy establishment. We were met by friendly wait staff who promptly seated us and explained what was on offer.

The meal kicks off with a tasty Rodriques chorizo, a quaint, freshly baked loaf of sourdough bread and aioli. Then you get to choose from one of three main dishes; crumbed whiting fillets, 200g Riverine minute steak or a Riverine steak sandwich, all served with chips or salad. You can also complement your meal with a glass of house wine or beer.

This delicious deal is available Monday to Thursday from 12pm.

Marcus Irwin, head chef, has been at Kingsleys for three years while second head chef, Michael Taras has been there for three months. Originally from Germany, Michael has worked with French, German, Asian, Italian and Mediterranean cuisine. The joined expertise and skills of these two chefs certainly shows in the food at this buzzing city establishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment